This post is also available in: Deutsch
This week has been another fantastic week in Dash with plenty of integrations and general news. Continue reading to get a summary of the week.
Dash Integrations of the Week:
- Dash Added to Coinbase Pro Cryptocurrency Exchange: The major cryptocurrency exchange platform announced that they would be integrating Dash on Monday the 16th of September with Dash/USD and Dash/BTC trading pairs. However, the exchange will not be supporting Dash’s unique features such as InstantSend nor did they indicate whether or not Dash will be integrated into Coinbase’s regular, consumer-focused exchange. Coinbase has been a long sought after goal of cryptocurrencies due to its popular, mainstream acceptance.
- NOWPayments Cryptocurrency Point-of-Sale Adds Dash Payment Support: The cryptocurrency point-of-sale service, has integrated Dash into their zero-fee merchant solution that offers features such as auto coin conversion, instant withdrawals, 24/7 support, stable coins, security, simple API, regulation compliance, and smooth integration. Merchants can use the platform via a Woocommerce plugin and emphasizes the need for individuals to maintain control over their own private keys. NOWPayments joins the growing list of POS services and exchanges that have integrated Dash in recent months to better serve consumers.
- Komodo AtomicDEX Decentralized Exchange Launches, Adds Dash: Komodo has launched their decentralized, peer-to-peer cryptocurrency exchange, AtomicDEX, and integrated Dash into the platform. The follows a trend of more decentralized exchanges appearing and integrating different coins, including Dash, to limit KYC/AML requirements and third-party risks of exchanges.
- PumaPay Adds Dash Payments For 36 Adult Entertainment Giants Including Pornhub: PumaPay is a cryptocurrency payments merchant solution and mobile wallet app that also claims to be the first company to offer a blockchain-based recurring payment system. PumaPay’s PullPayment Protocol allows merchants to “pull” funds from customers wallets based on pre-approved terms, which enables actions such as recurring payments, top-up, direct debit and others that was previously not possible. PumaPay’s clients include Wix.com, FashionTV, Rent24, Ubex, and Pornhub. Cryptocurrency offers the adult entertainment industry a lot of potential due to the high credit card chargebacks in the industry.
- NovaDAX Brazilian Cryptocurrency Exchange Integrates Dash: The Brazilian cryptocurrency exchange has integrated Dash with the Brazilian Real, Bitcoin, and Tether. They also are offer a competition to win free Dash to individuals that trade the most Dash between September 9th and 20th. The exchange also offers various trading fees and withdrawal limits depending on a user’s verification level.
Dash Community Outreach of the Week:
- Dash Force Meetup Contest Winners – August 2019: August had 19 wallets set up and 24 attendees across 3 meet ups in West Africa and Russia. Check out the article to see who won some Dash and to find out how you can win Dash by hosting your own local meetup.
Dash Core Group Project Updates of the Week:
Here’s an update from Liz Robuck, Chief Product Owner, on what’s going on at Dash Core Group this week.
- 🏄♀️ Added the new DashWallet iOS UI for payment options as part of the UI redesign, as well as home screen shortcuts which will allow users to quickly access key functions in the app
- 👑 Added the new DashWallet Android UI for the Verify Passphrase screen, updated the formatting of decimals for fiat prices and fixed a couple of bugs
General News of the Week:
- LocalBitcoins Warns Against Using Tor After Implementing KYC Requirements: A new warning appeared to LocalBitcoin users that they are not advised to visit the site through the Tor network, which follows after LocalBitcoins implemented KYC/AML requirements on the platform. LocalBitcoins used to be an open P2P exchange that allowed users to buy and sell Bitcoin anonymously, but that has since changed and forces users to switch to their competitors such as Bisq, Wall of Coins, CoinCola, bitcoin.de, bitalo, and others. LocalBitcoin’s change of operations has highlighted the need for more decentralized, P2P exchanges so users have robust options of getting speedy, anonymous exchanges.
- Germany Faces Recession, Echoing Bitcoin Origin and Cryptocurrency’s Purpose: The German economy is on the brink of another recession with a significantly lower confidence index and a shrinking GDP. The warning signs of another recession reminds individuals of the reason for cryptocurrencies’ creation and Satoshi Nakamoto’s famous message in Bitcoin’s genesis block – “The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks”. Dash has been growing significantly in Germany thanks to Dash Embassy D-A-CH with integrations such as ShopInBit.de and Salamantex and sets up Dash well to become a fiat alternative.
- Startup Raises $23 Million Targeting Terrorist Cryptocurrency Financing Using Blockchain Analysis: Elliptic, a blockchain analysis company targeting terrorist cryptocurrency financing and counts Binance, Circle, and banks as clients has now gotten $23 million USD in new funding. The company claims to be able to track various cryptocurrency transactions, as well as track people that trade child pornography, trade drugs, and recent hacks that resulted in stolen funds. The growth of blockchain analysis companies helps support companies that want to use cryptocurrencies, but are limited by various regulations. Dash has already been helping to solve this issue with its recent integration into BlockchainIntel which will empower companies to integrate Dash that were previously unable to do so if they were regulated to know sources of funds.
Dash Media of the Week:
- Dash Core CEO Ryan Taylor Reiterates Dash Is the Most-Used Cryptocurrency in Venezuela: Ryan Taylor has reiterated his belief that Dash is the most used cryptocurrency in Venezuela despite publicized claims to the contrary. Most recently Dash was integrated into a parking garage, 22 pharmacies in Caracas, and other merchants. Taylor also highlighted ChainLocks and how it makes Dash more robust against 51% attacks.
- Dash News Video Recap – Bitcoin.com Exchange, iQCashNow 1,000+ Merchants, Dash Investment Foundation Update & More!: If you missed last week’s full complement of awesome Dash news, make sure to check out Heidi’s latest recap video to get a summary of all the best parts!
- Horizen Team Lead – ZenCash Aimed to Dash-ify Zcash with Cryptocurrency Governance: Joel sits down to talk with Rob Viglione, project lead for Horizen, formerly ZenCash, about how the coin started with governance and self-funding features similar to Dash masternodes and evolved towards a more general blockchain and sidechain platform. They also cover how Horizen added governance, self-funding elements, and zero-knowledge proof-based cryptographic transactions to have a greater degree of decentralization and budget flexibility. Finally, they also discuss 51% attacks and the attack that Horizen suffered.
- Dash Podcast 121 Feat. Dr. Darren Tapp on BLS Signatures, Scaling Blockchain & ASU Research Lab: This week, Mark and Joel chat with Darren Tapp, Dash Researcher and mathematician, about all sorts of technical aspects of Dash. They start off by discussing scaling solutions and how Bitcoin’s decision to not scale caused Darren to become disenfranchised from the coin. They then go into various network and blockchain architectures, including BLS signatures, and the pros and cons of them. They also discuss so much more about Dash’s future and backend so make sure to tune in to get this valuable knowledge.
Dash continues to power ahead with strong integrations that highlight its advanced speed, affordability, and security. Dash will continue making key integrations and developments as it gets closer to Evolution and becoming everyday digital cash. Make sure to follow Dash News to get this news first!