This week has been another awesome week for Dash with new integrations and developments! Continue reading to get a summary of the week!
Dash Integrations of the Week:
- Dash Integrated Into Indian Exchange, Bitbns: The popular Indian cryptocurrency exchange, Bitbns, has integrated Dash into their platform. The exchange will also feature InstantSend to make the user experience even more seamless for Dash consumers. The integration not only further exposes Dash to the large population of India and the many individuals that remain unbanked or underbanked, but also helps increase Dash’s exposure to the remittance industry.
- Dash Added to SMS-Based Wallet, CoinText: CoinText, a Bitcoin Cash SMS-Based wallet service, has recently added Dash to its US and Canadian services. The service complements Dash Text, currently available exclusively in Venezuela, since around 60% of Venezuelans do not have access to a smartphone, but still want to use Dash to gain monetary and financial freedom. The two services demonstrate the ability of cryptocurrency and Dash to evolve to suit the needs of consumers; internet or no internet.
- Bitrefill Adds More Merchants: Not a new integration, per se, as Bitrefill already integrated Dash. However, the platform announced new merchant gift cards that can be bought with Dash, which includes Walmart, Target, Macy’s, Nike, Adidas, Barnes & Noble, Chipotle, Papa John’s, Domino’s Pizza, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, and The Cheesecake Factory. The expansion significantly increases the usability of Dash for many consumers.
- UNICEF France Starts to Accept Cryptocurrencies: The French division of the larger and internationally recognized charity organization, UNICEF, added a cryptocurrency donation option for nine different coins on their website, including Dash. The move highlights the advantages of Dash for charities since it is fast, cheap, secure, and directly usable in many locations to help these organizations optimize costs.
Dash Milestones of the Week:
- Dash Passes 100 Merchants in Colombia and Continues to Expand in Venezuela: Dash Colombia has announced that they just passed 100 merchants. George Donnelly of Dash Colombia has told DFN how they are pursuing the classic adoption strategy of visiting merchants in-person to get them to accept Dash. Then Alejandro Echeverría shared a video showing how easy it is to buy ice cream with Dash in Venezuela, which already has around 1,600 Dash accepting merchants. The video comes just a week after other videos showing how easy it is to buy pizza, cookies, or a sandwich with Dash! Both milestones highlight the usability of Dash along with its rapidly growing adoption rates thanks to its unique DAO Treasury.
Dash Developments of the Week:
- Dash’s Business Growth Strategy Focuses on Usability: Bradley Zastrow, Dash Core Group’s Global Head of Business Development recently did a Q&A along with an article on the NASDAQ website. In both, he highlighted how Dash’s future growth will focus on making and improving partnerships where possible to continuously increase Dash’s usability.
- Dash Excels at Educational Initiatives: Dash Embassy D-A-CH has recently launched support for an educational initiative in Germany called The Initiative Dezentrale Bildung (IDEN), which helps teach and provide information to school educators about blockchain, cryptocurrency, and Dash. This helps ensure that the next generation of adults is well aware of how blockchains and cryptocurrencies can revolutionize their lives. The move highlights how Dash has been successful at supporting various educational initiatives to ensure consumers better understand cryptocurrencies and Dash
- How Merchants Save Money with Dash: Dash provides significant savings for merchants over other payment methods such as Square. However, like other cryptocurrencies, Dash does currently carry volatility risk in its exchange price, but there are ways to reduce this risk. If a merchant wanted to mitigate this risk they can set up an Uphold account to change the Dash they accept into fiat and then transfer that amount to a bank account. Check out the article for exact figures on how merchants can save using Dash and Uphold and how to set up new merchants to save money.
General News of the Week:
- Coinbase Updates Listing Process: Coinbase recently announced that they will be updating their cryptoasset listing process to make it easier for individuals to list their cryptoassets. Consumers would need to fill out a form that will evaluate how the cryptoasset fits Coinbase’s Digital Asset Framework. Despite Dash meeting most of the Digital Asset Framework’s criteria, Dash has long been excluded from Coinbase, but has nevertheless still found ways to significantly increase its adoption and usage.
- Google Modifies Cryptocurrency Advertising Policy: Google, which previously banned all cryptocurrency ads a few months ago, will now allow regulated cryptocurrency exchanges to advertise. Not a complete reversal, but will still allow greater cryptocurrency exposure to potentially new adopters. The move comes a few months after Facebook also semi-reversed their cryptocurrency ad ban. Despite these advertising bans, Dash has still been able to leverage its DAO and community outreach initiatives to increase awareness and adoption of Dash.
Dash Media of the Week:
- Three Amigos Talk with Ash from eWallet: This week, the three amigos talked with Ash Francis from eWallet, which is striving to be an instant fiat to Dash exchange in the UK. They are attempting to solve the problem of limited number of exchanges providing direct trading pairs with the GBP and increase Dash’s adoption in the UK. Make sure to check out the video to see how Dash continues to expand!
This has been an wonderful week demonstrating the integration and developmental successes of Dash! Stay tuned into our site and social media networks to see all the upcoming Dash News! We hope that our content and coverage was very informative and enjoyable this week and we cannot wait to see what awesome Dash News awaits us next week in the beginning of Dashtober!