This week continues to be another great week in Dash with awesome integrations, developments, and news! The biggest news is that there are over 700 merchants in Venezuela and over 2,000 merchants globally listed on DiscoverDash.com! Continue reading to get a brief summary of the week.
Community Outreach of the Week:
- Dash Adoption Explodes in Latin America: Dash is rapidly growing in countries throughout Latin America. Venezuela is by far the most popular with over 500 merchants at the publish date of the article, but this was recently updated to over 700 merchants. Even name brands such as Subway, Calvin Klein, and national chains like Juanchis Burger are adopting Dash in droves. The large adoption is quickly spreading to neighboring countries like Panama and Colombia, with each, respectively, listing 17 and 7 merchants. Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina, are also experiencing early stage growth.
- Dash Venezuela Documentary: Rodrigo Ambrissi of Dash Brazil gave a brief overview of the events that led up to Venezuela’s current hyperinflation and showed how bad it is to use the Bolivar within the country. The documentary proceeded to highlight all the locations that accept Dash from restaurants, appliance stores, a tow truck business, clothing stores, and even a motorcycle merchant. The documentary then went on to showcase the local Dash conferences organized by Dash Venezuela to educate more Venezuelans about Dash and the Dash Cites to provide a giant market for Venezuelans to buy a host of locally produced goods with Dash. Venezuela is quickly becoming the Dash and cryptocurrency capital of the world!
- Dash Hub Africa Goes on a Road Show: The Dash Hub Africa team went on a road show to seven countries (Togo, Benin Republic, Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda and Cote d’Iviore) over 16 days to promote Dash. The team was able to introduce new individuals to Dash, as well as get Dash accepted by some merchants that previously only took Bitcoin. From the event, they learned that education is key to wider adoption of Dash, which is exactly what Dash’s unique structure enables.
Integrations of the Week:
- Dash Is Now ‘The Official Cryptocurrency of FanDuel: The partnership will now allow fantasy sports fans to enter competitions via Dash to win Dash prizes in at least 1 co-branded Crypto Cup contest each month. The partnership will also include a number of promotional items such as Dash branded landing sites and Dash branded fantasy sports advice articles. This partnership allows for mutual benefit to both parties since FanDuel will gain increased users and save on traditional payment method fees, while Dash will also gain exposure and new adoption, some of whom will continue to use Dash after the contests are over.
- Dash Used By 25% of Music Festival Attendees in Estonia: Some Dash community members got together to incorporate Dash-enabled NFC wristbands at a music festival to solve the problems of long lines and cash handling at festivals. The festival organizers enthusiastically got behind the idea since they recognized the same problems and their goals overlapped. Despite some initial internet connection issues due to the remoteness of the island festival, they got very positive reviews and plan to roll out the technology to other concerts and festivals.
- Miracle Tele to Allow Consumers to Buy Mobile Airtime with Dash: The upstart mobile virtual network operator, which rents airtime from other providers is aiming to produce a low cost mobile carrier that returns the savings to consumers. Mobile users will be able to deposit Dash to buy minutes, as well as elect to receive their portion of returned savings to token holders in Dash. This further expands Dash’s offerings for many consumers who need alternative ways to buy mobile minutes, as seen with Dash’s popularity in buying minutes from Bitrefill.com in Africa.
- Dash and Medicinal Genomics Breaks Human Genome Project Record: Dash is continuing a partnership with the DNA-sequencing company to map the cannabis genome and place it on the Dash blockchain. They recently broke the record set by the Human Genome Project by sequencing a longer string of bases. Plus, the cannabis genome is harder to map than that of humans due to its base randomness. The project will provide proof that various cannabis strains existences prior to incorrectly issued patents, which will not only encourage more entrepreneurship, but will also bring more users and attention to Dash.
Dash Core Group Developments of the Week:
- Dash Core Group Releases Details on New Legal Structure: DCG released details on how they will now be a C-Corporation incorporated in the U.S. State of Delaware. The classification was due to the fact that, previously, as a non-profit, DCG would have to disclose donors after a certain threshold, which would not be possible with the Masternode network. In addition, a non-profit would face significant restrictions from exclusively favoring one party and thus, would not be able to work as much on Dash. They also revealed The Dash DAO Irrevocable Trust, which will be based in New Zealand to benefit the Masternode network and allow the Masternode network to legally own property. The trust will also enable a trustee to carry out the wishes of the benefactor, the Masternode network, such as evaluating or replacing members at DCG if a proposal stating this receives more than 10% of votes.
- Dash Documentation Receives Overhaul and Translations: Dash Core Group has been working on overhauling the Dash Documentation to make detailed and verified answers more easily digestible for consumers of all knowledge levels. They also have been making a significant push to translate Dash Documentation and other DCG products into other languages and recently completed the Spanish version of the Dash Documentation. This reduces barriers to entry for news consumers approaching Dash for the first time, as well as keeps current community members involved and contributing to the network.
Interviews of the Week:
- The Three Amigos Interview the Dash Text Team: The Dash Text team is trying to make it extremely easy to use Dash in Venezuela and other areas with subpar high speed data coverage by making it possible to send Dash via SMS texting. Check out this awesome interview to hear all about their insights related the technical developments, adoption strategies, what it is like to use Dash in Venezuela, and how they are planning to grow in order to make Venezuela the first Dash and cryptocurrency capital of the world. You do not want to miss this!
- Ryan Taylor Talks About Dash’s Adoption Strategy: The CEO of Dash Core Group made an appearance on the Crypto 101 podcast to discuss the features of Dash and how it differentiates itself from competitors. The highlight of his talk was on how Dash is focusing on everyday usability not only in terms of extremely low fees and very fast confirmation times, but also through better UI/UX. This makes Dash a viable and favorable alternative for consumers and merchants seeking a better solution to their problems created by the traditional payments industry.
As always, we hope that our content and coverage was informative and enjoyable this week. Be sure to regularly visit the site and our social media pages to see additional content that is always being rolled out. This week has been particularly great because of rapid Dash adoption in Venezuela. We cannot wait to see what next week holds!