It has been yet another great week in Dash with awesome developments and news! Continue reading to get a brief summary of the week.
Breaking News of the Week:
- Dash Can Handle Double Bitcoin’s On-Chain Transactions: This week Dash underwent an unannounced network stress test that showed that the network could handle over 591,000 transactions with zero orphaned blocks, a mempool backlog max of 3.2 MB, and the same low fees of $0.0005 USD for super fast confirmations. This demonstrated that Dash can easily handle more transactions than Bitcoin, which, at its highest, maxed out around 490,000 transactions and $55 USD average transaction fees. The stress test also demonstrated that Dash’s recent v12.3 update significantly improved its CPU processing efficiency.
Integration of the Week:
- Dash Added to CoinFlip ATMs: The cryptocurrency ATM platform added Dash to over 80 of their ATMs as well as a monthly cash prize for using Dash on their platform. This brings the total global Dash ATM count to over 418, which is rapidly increasing the number of consumers that can easily participate in the Dash network.
- Dash Added to Evolve Markets: The FOREX, commodities, indices, and cryptocurrency trading platform recently added Dash to their list of cryptocurrency trading pairs. The platform provides an opportunity for Dash to increase its robustness by allow more traders to participate in Dash’s exchange price discovery.
Partnership of the Week:
- Dash Partners with PR Firm, BTC Inc.: Dash Force News has signed a PR media agreement, on behalf of Dash, with BTC Inc. to further expand Dash’s public awareness. The partnership will be funded until August 31, after which results will be reviewed to decide on whether or not to renew the contract. BTC Media, a division of BTC Inc., has a long list of professional successes including Bitcoin Magazine, Distributed event series, the Let’s Talk Bitcoin podcast network, and yBitcoin magazine. Dash Force News will still continue its regular work, but we will also begin to publish and distribute our own PR releases as well as communicate with more external outlets to increase the public awareness of Dash. We will also ensure that there is no overlap with Wachsman PR to optimize efficiency.
Dash Attributes of the Week:
- Dash DAPI Revolutionizes Cryptocurrency Development: Dash is developing a Decentralized Application Programming Interface (DAPI) to make it much easier to build on the Dash network. This will allow developers to build faster and cheaper, which will in turn allow them to deliver more added value to consumers. The DAPI will give Dash a significant competitive advantage over its competitors since it will further enable better user experiences.
- Dash Continues to Provide Low Transaction Fees: Dash currently features a median transaction fee around $0.0005 USD, which ranks it number one among its top competitors. Recent research and testing has shown that Dash can easily sustain these low transaction fees as it scales to upwards of 120 transactions per second (about half of what PayPal currently handles) and beyond. Dash’s structure enables it to become a global payments system, while still being a fast, inexpensive, secure, and decentralized digital peer-to-peer currency.
- Dash Enables AML/KYC Compliance Without Sacrificing Decentralized Values: Dash has made partnerships with Coinfirm and others to enable optional AML/KYC compliance for merchants that require it for their daily operations. Dash may also soon request a “no-action” letter from the SEC to further assure merchants, consumers, and markets that Dash is not a security. Dash’s structure allows for these optional compliance standards for merchants, but does not sacrifice the core values of cryptocurrency. Thus, these attributes expand the market reach of Dash to merchants and consumers that previously were unable to interact with the Dash network.
Merchant Follow-up of the Week:
- SlithEx has Rebranded from RocketPay: The payment processor, point-of-sales solution, and exchange for merchants and consumers in Southeast Asia has rebranded from RocketPay to SlithEx because of a domain name conflict. Their motivations and goals are the same as when Dash Force News previously talked with them about their DAO funded proposal. Head on over to see the exciting things that SlithEx is doing and has planned in Southeast Asia.
Public Outreach of the Week:
- Mark Mason Testifies at United Kingdom’s Parliament: Yes, Dash Force News’ very own Mark Mason went to the UK parliament this week to give a speech on cryptocurrencies, blockchains, and Dash. Mark later added, in this week’s Three Amigos Podcast, that after his testimony he got a lot of positive and inquisitive questions from influential government and business officials about Dash. Go check out the video clip since you do not want to miss this! Also, be sure to stay tuned into Dash Force News as the full audio will be released soon!
As always, we hope that our content and coverage was informative and enjoyable this week. Be sure to regularly visit the site and our social media pages to see additional content that is always being rolled out. It has been a great week for Dash and we cannot wait to see what next week holds!