This week has been another very productive week in Dash, including the announcement of the release Dash Platform on EvoNet next week! Continue reading to get a summary of the week.
Dash Network News of the Week:
- Dash Platform To Be Released to EvoNet Next Week: The Dash Core Group has announced via their Twitter account that they “plan to release Dash Platform on EvoNet, our public testing environment for Evolution features” on Monday, December 30th and they also plan to publish a blog post on the same day “that will detail the release and the public testing plan”. Dash Core Group added that the “test plan consists of several phases” and the “initial release will include information on the EvoNet testing environment, which is currently being deployed and includes only those services required for Phase 1 testing, the developer documentation, and a new developers page at dash.org”. The initial testing release of Dash Platform marks the beginning of the much anticipated network overhaul also know as Evolution that intents to make Dash even more friendly for users and developers.
Dash Integrations of the Week:
- ATAR Pay Integrates Dash Enabling NFC Payments for Over 2.5 Million Brazilian Merchants: Dash Brazil has partnered with ATAR Payment Processor and Stratum exchange to enable Dash users to make purchases at over 2.5 million merchants in Brazil, including contactless payments anywhere Mastercard is accepted via an NFC bracelet. This is Dash’s second foray into contactless payments since a previous Dash project was able to get 25% of individuals at an Estonian music festival with 4,000 total attendees to spend over €19,000 EUR in Dash via NFC bracelets over four days. These projects attempt to balance decentralization with improving user friendliness to advance the adoption of Dash among mainstream consumers.
Dash Core Group Project Updates of the Week:
Check out the latest update from Brian Foster, Front End Product Owner, about what has been happening at Dash Core Group
- 💻 Released Dash Core v0.15.0.0 RC1 for testnet
- 🔧 Made some improvements to the hardcoded seed node list generation process, Dark mode UI and Travis tests on Core
- 📂 Implemented fetchIdentity endpoint so developers can search for identities, implemented a State Transition Rate Limiter to help prevent network abuse on EvoNet and completed some code refactoring on the Platform
- ☎️ Implemented In-app notifications and completed Transaction History and URL schemes for the redesign version of DashWallet iOS
- 🔐 Completed changes for shortcuts, passphrase entry, Lock Screen, misc UI updates and upgraded the pin hashing process on DashWallet Android
- 📜 Updated documentation for the WalletLib SDK (docsify)
General News of the Week:
- Facebook Data for 267 Million Users Exposed Showcasing Need for Decentralized Applications: Earlier this month, a security researcher discovered a database of private information pertaining to 267 million Facebook users including IDs, phone numbers, and names. The data was comprised of nearly all US citizens, roughly over 80% of the entire estimated US population. This follows a series of other high profile hacks that have compromised the data of hundreds of millions of individuals and illustrates the need for other methods of securing data.
Dash Media of the Week:
- New Dash Debit Cards, Multiple Cryptocurrency Exchange Listings, Dash Core Group Announcements & More!: If you missed the past couple weeks of Dash news, then make sure to tune into Heidi’s latest recap to get caught up!
- Dash Podcast 136 Feat. Naomi Brockwell – YouTube Censorship & Privacy Issues: This week, the guys welcome Naomi Brockwell onto the show to discuss the recent YouTuber censorship drama that targeted cryptocurrency YouTubers, the importance of being a privacy advocate and why using centralized social media networks is not the wisest decision.
Make sure to continue following Dash News to get the latest breaking news as Dash continues to push to become everyday digital cash!