This week has been an awesome integration week for Dash with many new and important integrations and development announcements! Continue reading to get a summary of the week!
Partnerships of the Week:
- Kripto Mobile Launches Dash Enabled Smartphone: Kripto Mobile Corporation (KRIP) has released a new line of cryptocurrency enabled smartphones in Latin America. The phones feature a paper wallet that users can sweep and has a Dash Wallet, Uphold app, and Bitrefill app preinstalled. KRIP will also allow users to work closely with the Dash community and Dash Help Me to ensure consumers have a seamless experience with Dash. Venezuela‘s Dash adoption has flourished to over 1,000 Dash merchants. Colombia and other Latin American countries are also quickly adopting Dash. The new partnership will allow consumers to easily acquire Dash and either hodl it or use it to buy real goods and services in escape from inflation and high fees they commonly face with traditional payment methods.
- FuzeX to Integrate Dash into their Payment Cards: FuzeX, the company that provides consumers with a card to spend their cryptocurrency at countless merchants that accept traditional card payments, has announced that it will be integrating Dash. The platform, which is planned to be launched in Q4 of this year, will allow consumers to use their Dash to easily make purchases at countless more merchants.
Integrations of the Week:
- Coincards Now Allows Canadians to Buy Gift Cards with Dash: Coincards.ca, the Canadian gift card provider, now allows consumers to purchase over 300 gift cards, including Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, and Netflix, with Dash. They recognize that cryptocurrency merchant adoption is still low in Canada, while consumer adoption is rapidly growing. Thus, they want to use gift cards to easily allow consumers to use their Dash and cryptocurrency in real life, while also using their success as evidence to campaign for direct merchant adoption.
- Ethos Universal Wallet to Integrate Dash: Ethos aims to be a universal wallet for consumers by having one Ethos smartkey for all their coins, a multicoin hot and cold wallet, and a built in method to research data on other coins. They also provide a service that allows users to get verified and receive a branded address to send and receive cryptocurrency rather than using cryptographic addresses. Ethos’ goals overlap very similarly with Dash’s goals to make using cryptocurrency very easy for average consumers, which enables Dash to continue its rapid growth of adoption and everyday transactions.
- Morgan Creek Fund Includes Dash, Excludes Ripple and Others: Morgan Creek, an institutional investor that manages $1.5 billion in assets, will be launching a new Digital Asset Index Fund that includes Dash, but excludes other coins such as Ripple and Stellar for fears of centralization. Morgan Creek cited high wealth concentration levels, along with the pre-mine status of these other coins as reasons for their exclusion. The fact that an audited, professional, and institutional investment firm includes Dash, but excludes other coins for fears of wealth concentration and pre-mines should further disprove individuals that claim Dash is not decentralized.
- Atomic Wallet Integrates Dash: Atomic Wallet, which feature a “multi-asset wallet with cross-chain Atomic Swap exchange and decentralized orderbook”, will be integrating Dash into their network. Atomic Wallet features over 300 coins and tokens and boasts more than 50,000 desktop downloads and over 20,000 monthly active users. Atomic Wallet is committed to making inexpensive, quick, and a decentralized exchange easy for consumers, which aligns very well with Dash’s own goals.
Developments of the Week:
- Dash DIP-5 GitHub Repository Released: The new DIP will include registering blockchain usernames, adding blockchain user credit, resetting a blockchain user key, closing user accounts, and more. The DIP introduces how “Blockchain Users” (BUs) are created and sets the foundation for BUs to interact with the Evolution network through credits, which will be discussed more in later DIPs. Evolution and other DIPs that are currently on the docket to be implemented later this year and early next year will continue to radically improve the consumer friendliness and operations of Dash.
- CoinFairValue Adds Total Fair Market Cap Data: CoinFairValue, which calculates the fair value of cryptocurrencies by focusing on actual usage and fundamentals of each coin, has recently aggregated its data to reveal the total Fair Market Cap of the cryptocurrency sector. They found that the Fair Market Cap Data is nearly at parity with regular Market Cap Data, which indicates a significant decrease in speculation. During the 2014 and 2017/2018 price booms and declines, the regular Market Cap Data became significantly higher from the Fair Market Cap Data revealing significant speculation in the sector. CoinFairValue creator, @pablomp, is curious to see if the pattern continues to repeat itself, which if so, would signal a repeat in undervaluation of cryptocurrencies. Dash ranks in the top five of coins on CoinFairValue when sorted by Fair Value, which highlights Dash’s significant real world usage.
Community Outreach of the Week:
- Dash India Aims to Improve Remittance Process in India with Dash: Dash India is attempting to solve the fact that Indians lose $5 billion dollars a year in remittance fees alone. Dash India is working via online campaigns and some conferences to spread knowledge of Dash to likely adopters to replace the traditional players of PayPal and Western Union. Dash India is focusing on creating a community so adoption is more likely to take hold, which emulates the larger Dash community that works together in a decentralized way to create numerous use cases and integrations for consumers to spend Dash.
- Dash Embassy D-A-CH Appears on Three Amigos Podcast: Klaus Hipfinger & Jan Heinrich Meyer from Dash Embassy joined the three amigos to talk about their recent efforts in German-speaking Europe to increase Dash awareness and adoption. Make sure to check this one out since you do not want to be left out of the fun!
As you can probably now tell, this week well earned the name of integration week! Dash is continuing to take major leaps in terms of real, physical world usability. Stay tuned into our site and social media networks to see all the upcoming Dash developments! We hope that our content and coverage was very informative and enjoyable this week and we cannot wait to see what awesome Dash News awaits us next week!