I have tested and really liked the Dash payment plugin for WooCommerce on WordPress but GoUrl.io provides much more than basic payment functionality. The code is all open source and has options to be used on many different types of websites. For WordPress it integrates with other plugins to offer a crypto payment gateway.
You can sell regular physical products, downloads, pay-per-view, paid membership and donations. Behind the code you install on your website is a “payment gateway” that supports the backend of receiving the payments and forwarding them to the store wallet address. Their fees are reasonable with the normal fee 1.5 percent and 3.5% for “adult / gambling” uses. Payments get transferred to the store wallet every 30 minutes.
GoUrl supports more than just Dash it includes Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and a number of other coins. I don’t understand the logic for their choices but most sites should allow more than one coin. You can also allow other payment gateways like PayPal so you can support fiat and crypto.
Demo Store Setup
I setup a sample site on WordPress to try it out for myself. If you have used WordPress and WooCommerce you will have no problems. It was easy for me to setup products, donations and paid downloads. I got confused on the pay-per-view but didn’t spend much time on it – they do have working demos for each function.
It was easy to setup a product for sale. You can price it either in fiat or crypto.
Once you make the payment – I used my phone and scanned the QR code which worked great – it quickly showed that the payment was received (with zero confirmations). On the backend it waits for 6 confirmations so you would not further process anything until it is fully confirmed. But you can download a file right away for better or worse.
You can have the GoUrl payment widget display in most major languages.
The GoUrl backend sends you an email for each payment received, each login to the backend and when they pay the store wallet all of which are nice to have.
You have to register with the GoUrl.io website and setup your account before it can be used. Nothing was too confusing. You obviously have to individually setup each coin you want to use so if you setup 4 or 5 that is a bit tedious as you need to copy api codes to your website.
Once you are setup there is a detailed payments screen:
This grid shows the summary level for what has come into and out of your account for Dash payments.
This is a breakout I did to show the details of the first store payout I got. The GoUrl fee was 1.5% as advertised and yes the Dash network fee to send the $9.84 to me was a 1.4 cents – pretty good.
What I Liked
- Supports other major plugins as payment method
- Very good customer service – I had an answer and fix to my question in under 1 hour.
- Full featured backend.
- Fast store reimbursement – every 30 minutes.
- Great email notifications.
- Good integration into WordPress but also offer straight PHP and other system plugins.
Little Weird Things
- The supported coins don’t include 2 of the top 5 (ETH & XRP) but does include some I have never heard of.
- The “minimum” amount before you get a payout is kind of high .1 Dash (they reset mine to .01 when I asked) I didn’t test any other coins.
- Some of the documentation was weak and there are a lot of options to consider – but it is free and open source.
- No obvious way to change the wording on the payment widget – I would like to remove the pointer to Poloniex.
- The Dash to USD conversion rate didn’t match the Dash wallet on my phone so I was paying “a little more” than the USD price on the website.
- The sweep feature seems to have a high fee level expectation for Dash – it kept 70 cents as a buffer. Its pretty minor and most likely they would adjust that – but “that’s my money 😉 “
Overall I think this is a good product. If you are setting up a WordPress website and want to sell something this is a good way to accept crypto.
Good Info. Thanks, Joe.
I have had you guys as my coin processing center for sometime but i’m no longer using woocommerce can i use you with a different storefront like ecwid ? I would love to be able to keep Gourl.io as my coin processor
check out https://www.ecwid.com/apps/featured/coinpayments-pg
check out https://www.ecwid.com/apps/featured/coinpayments-pg for ecwid
I’m currently using coinpayments with my cryptocurrency check out as it is but I would have liked to use your proceessor