Video re-post of the Dash News Podcast episode 136. This week we had special guest Naomi Brockwell to discuss the recent YouTuber censorship drama that targeted cryptocurrency YouTubers, the importance of being a privacy advocate and why using centralized social media networks is not the wisest decision.
⏱️ Podcast Video Timestamps:
- 0:20 Hellooooo and welcome
- 0:53 Introducing Naomi Brockwell
- 1:32 Youtube censoring crypto
- 5:42 Youtube alternatives
- 16:25 Is there more to this crypto attack on Xmas
- 19:09 Hong Kong government seizes protester funds
- 26:40 The transition to better systems Youtube->LBRY, Cash->Dash
- 29:45 Privacy
- 38:14 Do people really care about privacy
- 45:00 Making privacy easy
- 46:06 Delistings FATF
- 47:07 How important is source obfuscation in crypto and why
- 50:14 What happened to the Hardfork movie
- 54:41 Volatility a barrier to adoption? And what to do about it?
- 1:03:05 Time to wrap up
- 1:03:13 Where can we find Naomi?
- 1:03:53 Joel takes us out
- 1:05:10 Dashy New Year!
- 1:05:23 “End the FED” Outro
The Dash News podcast is now available to listen to on the following platforms:
If you haven’t done so by now, can you please make sure you like and subscribe to the Dash News YouTube channel. Thank you to the Dash community for your continued support.
💬 Dash Chat Discord – www.staydashy.com